What is Pathways?
In 2010, the Toastmasters Board of Directors crafted a five-year strategic plan that laid out the goals and objectives for the organization over the next five years. The plan’s centerpiece? A call to revitalize the Toastmasters education program, now renamed as Pathways.
Much of the communication track hadn’t been updated since the 1970s, and leadership became a separate track in 2005. The Board stressed the need to modernize the communication track and to renew the focus on leadership learning in the leadership track.
That original vision marked the beginning of a hugely ambitious effort to enhance the education program. The program will offer members more opportunities to learn and grow, highlighted by greater access to educational materials, expanded tools and resources, and a customized learning experience designed to help individuals meet personal and professional goals.
At the Board’s direction, Pathways was developed with following benefits for members:
- Recognition that comes earlier and more often in the educational journey
- New technological resources to improve speeches and support meeting roles
- Mobile access to educational materials (tablets)
- Expanded video and digital content to facilitate learning among our global community of members
- Stronger evaluation and mentoring components
Pathways Learning Experience
Embark on a journey of personal and professional development through Pathways, Toastmasters’ new education program! Pathways is designed to help you build the skills you need to communicate and lead. It is comprised of 10 paths that teach more than 300 unique competencies:
As you progress through Pathways, you will:
- Practice and improve your communication and leadership skills.
- Give speeches in your club based on assignments in Pathways.
- Challenge yourself to build and refine certain competencies and skills.
- Complete a range of projects that include persuasive speaking, motivating others, creating a podcast and leading a group in a difficult situation.
Develop real-world, transferable skills in many different areas through Pathways—communication, leadership, management, strategic planning, service to others, public speaking and more.
Dynamic new projects
- Ethical Leadership
- Conducting online meetings and more!
Base Camp features
- Engaging videos that model skills that you are learning
- Opportunities to earn and award digital badges
- Interactive quizzes and activities
- Ability to share feedback online
Sample your first project
Take an exciting peek at the first project on your Toastmasters journey– the Ice Breaker. See how projects are structured in Pathways and experience how clear and simple the objectives are to achieve. Visit this link NOW!
Pathways is rolling out to our region soon!
|Pathways rollout schedule|
|Rollout order||Rollout timing*||New language(s) added|
|Program pilot: District 57||February 2017||English|
|Program pilot: District 27||March 2017||None|
|Program pilot: District 51||May 2017||Simplified Chinese|
|Rollout 1: Region 14||July 2017||None|
|Rollout 2: Region 2||Coming soon||None|
|Rollout 3: Regions 6 and 7||Coming soon||French|
|Rollout 4: Regions 10 and 12||Coming soon||Spanish|
|Rollout 5: Regions 1 and 11||Coming soon||German, Arabic and Portuguese|
|Rollout 6: Regions 4 and 13 (District93)||Coming soon||Traditional Chinese and Japanese|
|Rollout 7: Regions 3 and 5||Coming soon||None|
|Rollout 8: Regions 8, 9, undistricted clubs and online clubs||Coming soon||None|
*Rollout timing information will be updated as it becomes available. The dates listed are projected and subject to change. For more up-to-date information, please visit Toastmasters International Website.