SoonJa Sonia Kim, DTM, Immediate Past District Director (IPDD), is officially appointed to the 2021-2022 District Leadership Committee (DLC) Chair.
Tremendous appreciation goes to Soonja Sonia Kim, DTM, IPDD as her support continues to discover the next District 93 leaders.
When she accepted the position of DLC chair, she shared her vision for this role: “The District Leadership Committee trains, identifies, motivates, and evaluates future leaders for the district to secure enough proper candidates so the district becomes healthier and its members enjoy Toastmasters more actively.”
Her embracing leadership, together with future DLC members, will discover future leaders to let District 93 continue to grow, and that great journey begins from now on. District 93 members, please join me in welcoming SoonJa Sonia Kim, DTM, IPDD as a DLC Chair and support her when she reaches out to you.
The DLC discovers, interviews, and evaluates all candidates for *District elected positions and nominates the best candidates for District 93’s continued success.*District elected positions: District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Directors
<DLC Responsibilities & Schedule>
- Appointment of DLC Chair by no later than Nov 1, 2021
- Recommendation & Approval of DLC members by no later than Dec 1, 2021
- Call for Candidate Declarations by no later than Jan 15, 2022
- DLC notifications of nominated candidates to District Director 6 weeks prior to election date (Apr 2, 2022)
- DLC reports to District Council members and posts on District website 4 weeks prior to the election date (Apr 16, 2022)
For more details about DLC, visit here: District Leadership Committee.
Happy Leaders Together!
Anna Hyeyoung Lee, DTM
2021-2022 District Director