Each year at the Toastmasters International Convention, the International President announces recipients for a Presidential Citation. This citation is presented to members who have shown continual support and dedication to the organization. Recipients of this citation are selected at the sole discretion of the International President.
This year, District 93 is pleased to announce that 2016-2017 District Director, Andy MinSeok Kim, DTM has been selected by 2020-2021 International President Richard Peck to receive the First Presidential Citation Award in District 93.
Andy MinSeok Kim, DTM is currently serving as a Pathways Korean translation chief reviewer and a mentor for 2021-22 program quality committee. His role at club level are also very active as he is currently serving as a vice president membership at facilitation toastmasters club and a mentor for many club members. In addition, his contribution to outside of district 93 is also remarkable that many international toastmasters’ members appreciate his support.
He remarks, “It’s such an honor to receive this prestigious award. When I look back on my Toastmasters journey, I see that I have met so many members who have been and continue to be willing to share their skills and knowledge with other. What I did was simply try to repay what I have received from this organization. I would like to use this opportunity to thank all the members who have shared their skills and knowledge, and have taught me the true meaning of servant leadership. I will continuously support this organization the best I can.”
The official Presidential Citation will be available at Hall of Fame ceremonies during the International Convention in August.
Andy MinSeok Kim, DTM’s Toastmasters Journey
> Member History
– 2011 Feb. 5th Join Burning Brunch Toastmasters Club
> Officer hold – beyond the club:
– 2012 July – 2013 June: Territorial Council Public Relations Officer
– 2013 July – 2014 June: Area 32 Governor
– 2014 July – 2015 June: Lt. Governor Marketing (CGD)
– 2015 July – 2016 June: Program Quality Director
– 2016 July – 2017 June: District Director
– 2017 July – 2018 June: Immediate Past District Director
> Additional Role
– Conference Chair
– 2012 Territorial Council Fall Conference
– 2019 D93 Annual Conference
> General Recognition from Toastmasters International
– 2017 ~ 2018 Pathways Ambassador
– 2017 ~ 2018 Pathways Guide
– 2018 ~ Chief Reviewer – Korean Translation Review Team