Exciting news! The Toastmasters International Board of Directors have appointed the 2020–2021 Region Advisors (RAs) who will begin their term on April 1, 2020. They will serve until June 30, 2021.
Congratulations to all 2020-2021 Region Advisors! Especially, Region 14 Advisor Marcie Gansler from District 93, who served as a 2017 -2018 District 93 Director.
As district 93 has already experienced her excellent leadership for many years as a district leader, trainer and speaker, District 93 is very excited about her new leadership journey. Her continuous challenge and passion about Toastmasters will inspire all district leaders in Region 14 to be better districts. District 93 is looking forward to supporting and working with her guidance and wishing her great success as the 2020-2021 region 14 advisor. Congratulations Marcie!
About Region Advisor
The region advisor’s role is to support district leaders in fulfilling the district mission to build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence. Every Toastmasters International region is assigned one region advisor for regions with eight or fewer districts and two region advisors for regions with nine or more districts. Region advisors report to the International President through World Headquarters and serve a 15-month term, beginning April 1 and concluding June 30 of the following year. A region advisor may serve no more than two consecutive terms and must apply for each term. There is no limit on serving nonconsecutive terms.
The region advisor helps district directors, program quality directors, club growth directors and public relations managers to maximize performance while helping to identify strategies to achieve the district mission. Here are just a few ways the region advisors support, coach and guide district leaders in achieving the district mission as measured by the District Recognition Program:
- Assess the abilities of the leaders to achieve the district mission
- Develop a plan for supporting the district leaders that will lead them to achieve the district mission
- Leverage your personal competencies.
- Provide marketing support and expertise that expands the districts’ capacity to grow clubs and grow membership
- Leverage your experience and success as a Toastmasters leader to help district officers
- Coach the district leaders to achievement by assessing each District Success Plan and mentoring to optimize individual performance
- Establish trusting relationships with district leaders through frequent and consistent communication
For more information about Region Advisor, please visit Toastmasters International